Growing to serve the community for 95 years…
Built by Itasca County for $50,000 in 1917, Itasca Memorial Hospital was designed to serve the booming Mississippi River paper mill town of Grand Rapids and surrounding wilderness.
After several major construction efforts during the previous 70 years, the hospital and clinic began collaborative work toward developing a new hospital/clinic concept in 2002. The intent behind this effort was to enhance quality, improve access and increase efficiency in the delivery of health care services for the people of Grand Rapids and surrounding communities. As a result of these efforts, Blandin Foundation awarded the hospital an unprecedented $20 million to build a new campus where seamless patient care would be delivered.
With the appropriate governance, financial and community support in place, Grand Itasca Clinic and Hospital successfully recruited 13 new physicians, and broke ground for its new $65 million facility on July 22, 2003.
Designed with high-quality, seamless patient care in mind, the new facility offers our community the latest in advanced medical technology and treatments and one of the most welcoming health care environments available.
A second location, the Grand Itasca Professional Building, is home to Rehabilitation Services, Home Care, Psychology, Chiropractic, and several Grand Itasca business services.
Grand Itasca is proud to be a tobacco-free campus since 2005. Tobacco use is prohibited on all Grand Itasca property, including infoor facilities, campus grounds and parking lots. All visitors, patients and staff are asked to respect this tobacco-free policy.